“But if I say I’ll never mention the Lord or speak in his name, his word burns in my heart like a fire. It’s like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can’t do it!”
What Does IGNITE Mean?
“I” is for Introduce people to Christ
And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.
“G” is for Giving of our time, talents, and treasure
- priority, progressive, percentage giving . Priority as in: give first, save second, and live on the rest. Percentage as in: choose a percentage and give it consistently. Progressive is a challenge to up the amount by a percentage every year.
Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.
“N” is for Nurture relationships
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.
“I” is for Intentionally serving our community
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.
“T” is for Transform people through discipleship
18 Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
“E” is for Excellence in everything through the power of the Holy Spirit
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- The Bible is the Word of God
- There is one true and living God who exists in three persons; Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit
- God created all things good and for His glory
- Men and Women are created in the image of God
- Salvation is a gift from God
- The Holy Spirit gives gifts and empowers believers for life and ministry
- The church is made up of people who have placed their faith in Jesus Christ for eternity
- Heaven and Hell are real places
- One day Jesus will return to establish His Kingdom
Pastors Chad and Erica Schapiro have a heart and passion for Igniting a generation for Christ! Join them in this vision in reaching our community and beyond.